The Approval Process
Becoming a foster carer consists of the following steps:
- Making your initial enquiry
- An initial visit from us to your home
- Making your application if you meet the criteria for an assessment
- Undergoing an assessment by Fostering for You including statutory checks such as a criminal records bureau disclosure
- Completing our fostering preparation course
- Being formally approved as a foster carer by our fostering panel
It may sound daunting but don’t be put off because we will make the whole process as smooth and agreeable as possible.
If you have what it takes to give a child the care that she or he needs then we want you to succeed in doing so.
We aim to be sensitive and considerate of your needs as we guide and support you through the assessment process.